Sunday 25 September 2016

Inky Backgrounds and Gift Cards



A while back I did some backgrounds using the Pure Colour Chemistry Inks on watercolour paper - all blues and greens including Waterfall, Blue Jeans, Vintage Green and Peter's Pear.   One sheet I used for my first card this weekend and this one ...... I overdid the Vintage Green and when it dried I was mightily impressed with the elephant I created.


Can you see it?   Big flapping ears and 2 legs and a trunk!!   Well I can see it but the rest of my family think I'm strange......!   


Anyway I've cut it up and used it to make a couple of Gift Card holders.   I've inked the reverse, folded it to create a little pocket and added some stamping with the Large Thoresby Stamp and Good Luck  using the Build your own Sentiments set     It's that time of year when students go back to Uni and every scrap of money helps - my two have both finished so now it's good luck finding jobs!!


Hope you like this idea.  For more keep checking back and visit the INKSPIRED group on facebook too.

Elaine xx
 

2 comments:

Sylvia said...

Great gift card holders. It is amazing what shapes we can see in inky backgrounds, the elephant stands out for me, looks like he is running off the page. Love the colours and use of the Thoresby stamp xx

Tracey said...

I can see the elephant!! Great idea to make gift voucher cards like this - much better than money just inside a birthday card