Wednesday 9 December 2015

How to create a Floral card using Lynnda's Leaves Stamps

Elaine here with a quick post on how to create a flower (or two) using the Beech Leaves from the LYNNDA's LEAVES set of stamps premiered on Hochanda TV recently.


I know leaves can be either green or any autumnal shade but I wanted to do something different so decided to go for Copper Beech leaves.  I sprayed some red paper with JUBILEE RED PURE COLOUR and added a light misting of VINTAGE BLUE PURE COLOUR to get that rich deep colour.  I gold embossed both the large and small leaves and then painted over them with Glorious Gold Ink in a Bottle.

Then the fun began.....I glued them in a circle to form a wreath, I cut them up and lay them diagonally across a card, laid them out as falling leaves but it all looked horrible.  In the end (a week later!!)  I just used 5 leaves interlocked at their base and finished with a gold brad to create a flower.  Same with the smaller beech leaf too!


The base is some cream leather card and I've stamped the Mountain Ash with the two lighter shades from the TRIPLE MEADOW GREENS  PIGMENT INK pad and the Fir Sprig with the darker shade (both from the same Lynnda's Leaves set).  To make sure they framed the flowers nicely I just picked the flower up, stamped, placed it down again and checked where the next leaf should go etc.  The card is just finished with a sentiment from the FRIENDLY WORDS set cut in the shape of a beech leaf at either end and mounted.

I love the deep red of the leaves against the bright greens and hope you do too.  It goes to show Lynnda's Leaves don't have to be just for autumn or leaves for that matter!!

Elaine xx

1 comment:

Angela Dodson said...

I love these copper beech leaves, the red and gold give a real depth to the leaf images, a stunning effect :)