Wednesday 12 November 2014

Decorative Diamond Winter Wishes

Hi all

Here is a simple but pretty made for the using the beautiful decorative diamond stamp. I love the shape and pattern, very stylish and Art Deco looking to me, but I wanted to use it in a different way so stamped onto a piece of square card aiming for the middle with the longest point of the diamond so that I didn't capture the full image, but made a pattern that filled the square instead.

So to start with I coloured a piece of Smooth Stamping Card with French Mint Spray ink, dabbing some away to leave a few lighter areas. Once dry I stamped the diamond using an Archival ink in a circular motion laying each side together, sometimes overlapping a little. Then I went around the edges with a black marker pen, and layered it onto a complementary piece of coloured card from the Paper Mill. After Stamping the lovely text and adding a few gems I layered this onto a square white card blank. Easy! Hope you have fun with yours. Suz xxx

1 comment:

Elaine said...

I love this - such a simple design but I bet it was difficult to do. You've lined up those diamonds beautifully!