Wednesday 22 October 2014

Framing Christmas .....

Framing Christmas ....

I used only permanent inks in the making of this card.
Firstly using liquid inks on a blending tool with a felt pad. I chose 2 inks that I like, then randomly stamped the pad all over the acetate.



Then taking the stamps of my choice from the oakhousestudio Big Christmas Collection and using an Archival Jet Black ink pad stamped over the top of the dry ink, allowing it to dry slightly before taking a dry cloth or tissue and wiping the ink off.


Next step was to turn the acetate over and decorate the front using stamps from the Christmas Wreath set  and Wishing you a Merry Christmas sentiment.
Use the Stazon ink pads to stamp the front of the acetate.


I have used the permanent ink technique before but until a couple of days ago had never stamped on the same side as the inks before wiping off but all credit to Kim Reygate for sharing this idea on Facebook. I love the effect it gives and hope you do too.

Thank you for looking

Love Doreen





3 comments:

Elaine said...

This is such a great technique and a lovely colourful card!

Kim x said...

It is a fabulous technique isn't it Doreen. Like fashion crafty ideas just seem to keep coming back round. I remember doing this years ago when Alcohol inks first appeared.
Hugs Kimx

Doreen Sympson said...

I love these colours Elaine and this technique is lovely.

Kim, I totally agree with you so many things come and go but like a merry go round they do reappear when things have gone full circle.For years I watched stampers and thought I wish I could do that but never summoned up the courage to have a go, but now, well I do try to master as many techniques as I can. Some need a lot more practice than others that's for sure !! Thank you for sharing and for leaving this comment xx