Sunday 3 February 2013

2 New Cards for Valentine's Day

Morning everyone, hope you're having a great weekend so far, and managing to get lots of crafting done :)
I have TWO, very simple Valentine cards to show you today made with the 'A Stitch In Time' set (found Here)  from Oak House Studio. 
I've just used them as....... hearts, but I'll be back tomorrow with a 'Tag', which is NOT 'hearty', if you know what I mean :)



I stamped over the card in black, then stamped a few more hearts in Versamark and heat embossed with the fabulous Colour Chemistry embossing powder in red....cut them out, and mounted onto foam....easy peasey, but such a nice effect!





The addition of a topper made a very quick card.


For this one, I masked off a small section of card, then inked and sprayed it with Pigment ink.....stamped and chopped out a few hearts then mounted onto a piece of 'inky & messy' card. I had great fun making up some fabulous pages of colour to use whenever I need a backing paper.






It's a very simple card, and could be used for a few different occasions.









Hope you like these cards and they inspire you to try something new. I'm really loving getting inky and messy, it's amazing the effects you can get with different colours and stamps......Don't forget to enter the competition to win the stamps, checkout the post called 'New Era' to leave a comment xx
Catch ya tomorrow 
Barbara x
http://glitterarti1.blogspot.com

4 comments:

Hazel's Crafty Creations said...

These are fabulous and look really effective if their as easy as you say I shall be buying this stamping set soon.

Lynnda said...

we do sell the six hearts as a set on their own, but with the big set on offer you are probably best to get that, but if you are interested it is here
http://www.oakhousestudio.com/ourshop/prod_1493595-Fabric-hearts-unmounted-stamp-set.html

Elaine said...

Great cards - really like the second one with the inked band across the page!!

Lizzy R said...

what lovely cards Barbara, I do love Lynnda's inks.